We encourage the use of organically and ethically sourced chicken, even as far as considering food sources that are more ethologically sustainable and balanced.
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of crushed loose ommate’ Senchai or Assam chai tea (if using bags, use 3)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- Six 8-to-10-ounce bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450* F
In a bowl, whisk the oil with the tea and salt. Rub the chai mixture all over the chicken breast halves and under the skin. Set the chicken skin side up on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, until browned. Use an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of each breast and ensure that it register 160* F. Let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and scatter the cilantro on top and serve with lime wedges.