- 2 – 4 Tablespoons Oil (Coconut or Olive preferred)
- 1 Medium onion (medium/small dice)
- 2 – 3 Cloves garlic (small dice)
- 2 – 3 Stalks celery (medium dice)
- 1 20 0z. Can Jackfruit (drain then either pulse in food processor or chop by hand to the consistency to a medium chopped slaw)
- 1 6/7 Oz. Jar/Can Tomato paste
- ¼ – ½ Cup Sweet relish
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley (2 Tablespoons if using fresh)
- 4 – 6 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne
- 6 – 7 Oz. Water
- Salt to taste
Heat a 10-inch skillet (I prefer cast iron) to a medium heat and add oil. Sauté onion until clear. Stir in garlic and continuing cooking for 2-3 minutes, then stir in celery. Allow to cook for several minutes then add jackfruit and continue cooking for 5- 10 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, relish, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and water.
Turn heat to medium low and cover. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for ½ hour.
Taste to see if seasoning need adjustment, and add salt if necessary.
Serve on warm, toasted, crusty rolls.