We endorse cooking with organic ingredients that are ethically sourced. As Jordan Rubin once said, “you can pay the farmer now, or the doctor later.”
- 1/4 cup of sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons of ommate’ Machaite’ lightly toasted and ground in a mortar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 candied ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cold, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
In the bowl of a stand mixer combine 1/4 cup sugar, Machaite’, vanilla, flour, powered sugar, and salt. Once combined, add heavy cream, molasses, ginger and butter. Beat on speed 2 until dough forms.
Roll dough into a log 1-1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll in remaining sugar and freeze for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Slice cookies 1/3″ thick, place on baking sheet with baking mat or lightly oiled, and cook for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.